This is quite literally my nightmare: You could not pay me enough to get me to live in a house with cockroaches!
In fact, I HAVE lived in a house infested with cockroaches! It was so bad I broke my lease early after complaining multiple times to management.
However, if you want to make some easy money, a company in North Carolina will pay you $2,000 to allow them to release 100 cockroaches to test a new pest control technique.
The Pest Informer – a pest control blog out of Raleigh – is looking for five to seven households to volunteer. Not only do you need to allow the roaches to enter your home, but you will need to film and monitor the infestation for about thirty days!
Here’s the rules of the study, according to The Pest Informer:
- You must own the home or have written approval from the homeowner.
- You must be 21 years or older to qualify.
- You must be located in the Continental United States
- All tested cockroach treatments will be family and pet safe.
- You must not try any additional cockroach treatments during the duration of the study.
- At the end of the study, if the cockroach infestation hasn’t been eliminated, we will use traditional cockroach treatment options at no cost to you.
- The duration of this study will be approximately 30 days.
If you’re crazy enough to do this, here’s the link to apply for this insanity.